1win is an officially registered and licensed gambling establishment by the Government of Curacao under number 8048/JAZ2018-040. Based on these facts, the company has some obligations both to the international community and to national authorities. As part of data protection, the institution is obliged to comply with the law and carry out all procedures in an adequate manner.
Grounds of Policy
1win Kenya guarantees that the acquisition and analysis of private details will only be carried out if there are legal grounds, including:
- Fulfillment of contractual obligations. When a user creates a profile on the site, he enters into a legal relationship with the gambling establishment. The latter must comply with its obligations, which in some cases can be achieved by obtaining private data;
- Compliance with legal requirements. As an official gambling establishment, 1win Kenya has a number of obligations to law enforcement and other government agencies. This may relate to measures to comply with the terms of the license, combating money laundering, as well as compliance with the rules of responsible gambling;
- Achieving legitimate goals. The institution has its own rights and goals, which are realized by analyzing personal information;
- Client consent. In some cases, the client may give written consent to the collection and processing of private details.
As soon as the user gains access to the site, 1win Kenya begins to obtain and analyze private information. This can be divided into several categories:
- Data provided by the player. This includes any unique facts during the completion of the registration and verification form. In these situations, the company receives information that identifies the user: first name, last name, gender, date of birth, place of residence, mobile number, email address, and identification documents;
- Facts that are collected automatically. As a rule, this happens when the player visits the site and uses its services. The organization receives information about the IP address, device type, language settings, session duration, browser settings, and so on;
- Financial activity. To comply with anti-money laundering obligations, the company needs to monitor the monetary activity of users, as well as know some details about their payment methods;
- Information from third sources. Institutional staff may also find private data from publicly available sources or third parties who collaborate with 1win Kenya.
- Cookies. These are special files that are installed automatically in the user’s browser. Cookies help identify the preferences of players outside the gambling establishment and thereby improve their gaming experience.
Application of Information
1win Kenya is committed to using users’ private information only lawfully and securely and for legitimate reasons:
- To provide players with access to platform services and products;
- To process all operations and procedures performed by users on the site;
- To establish contact with customer support and provide assistance to users;
- To verify the identity of players for compliance with the requirements of the gambling establishment;
- To fulfill legal obligations to government agencies;
- To reduce the risks of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, cybercrime, and other illegal activities;
- To control user activity in accordance with the concept of responsible gaming;
- To improve the quality of the company’s services and products;
- To analyze the site’s activities and optimize its operation;
- To set the right tasks for the marketing department;
- To facilitate and manage financial transactions.
The gambling establishment undertakes not to sell or transfer private user data to third parties. However, there may be some exceptions:
- Other companies that are part of the 1win group;
- Partners and service providers fill the site with the servers necessary for clients;
- Government authorities at their request or in the event that the user commits an illegal act;
- Members of the affiliate program who brought the client to the gambling establishment;
- Other persons, if the player has given consent.
Communication and Complaints
- Implement clients’ rights concerning personal information: gaining access, updating, and deleting unique details;
- Resolve any user complaints that are related to the implementation of the policy;
- Technical assistance if it is impossible to implement any procedure.
The client must remember that employees have the right to request relevant evidence that indicates the existence of a problem. If the player is not satisfied with the resolution of the issue, he can contact his local data protection authority.
The gambling establishment stores users’ private information as long as it is necessary to achieve some goal or until the client’s profile is closed. However, even after deleting your account, personal data will be stored for 5 years.
1win Kenya is committed to protecting the confidentiality of proprietary information as long as it is kept on file and used for the organization’s needs.